Overview of HOTEL MANAGEMENT
Institute of Hospitality Management and sciences was set up in the year 2005, affiliated from HNBGU, Uttarakhand of India as a private organization for coordinated growth and development of hospitality management education in the Region. Institute of Hospitality Management and sciences is a pioneer name in training, development, outsourcing, and consultancy and provides one stop Hospitality professional training. We provide training in all Major four departments of hotels i.e. Food production Operation, Food and beverage service Management, Front office Operation and Accommodation Management. IHMS aspire to facilitate creation of a network of five star Hotels to empower the workforce with job oriented skills. The Bachelor in Hotel Management is a Four year full time Hospitality program Split in eight semesters. First year is dedicated to theoretical and practical skill training in all four major Courses of Hospitality Management. In second Year students are sent for twenty two weeks of industrial exposure for sharpening their hospitality skills. In third year BHM student get involve with research project work which helps them to enhance their Managerial skills. In fourth Year students are allowed to choose their area of specialization along with management courses to do live on the job training in the final semester.
- Syllabus is based in accordance with Choice Based credit Scheme (CBCS) as Prescribed by UGC.
- World class infrastructure acquired with laboratories for all major Courses of Hospitality studies.
- Highly experienced faculty of international industrial exposure.
- Students mentor will communicate regularly with the parents to update on the progress of their ward.
- Periodic assessment of student’s academic progress by way of internal examination within the semesters.
- Conduction of educational ‘workshop and demonstration’ by highly experienced Industrial professional for learning emerging trends of hospitality industry.
- Mixology session for BHM and CHM students, which creates a unique learning ambience for beginners to showcase their skills for the growth and development.
- Value added programs include the visit of Vineyards, Deluxe properties exposure, Personality development program, foreign language classes (Français, English).
After completion of four year hospitality program beginner can build their career in Hotel Industry, Restaurant Industry, Cruise line, Aviation & Retail Sector, Flight Catering, Hospital Catering, Indian Army, Railway catering, Adventure Tourism, Heritage Tourism, Dark Tourism, Travel Blogging, Facility Planners, Event Management, Institutional Caterings etc to name few sectors. It is the Only Industry which provides opportunity to work in Air, Land and Water, Nationally and internationally by sharpening their near basic Natural skills.